STI Testing: Step by Step
STEP 1 - Call the health centre for an appointment.
- You don’t need your parent’s or guardian’s permission. Your visit is confidential.
- If you’re shy, ask for a well-woman or well-man check.
- Mark the date and time in your calendar.
STEP 2 - Go to your appointment.
- Ask for an STI test. Be ready to answer questions and have a urine or blood test or swab.
- Ask about birth control. Pick up some free condoms and lube.
- Confirm your contact information so you get the results.
STEP 3 - Follow up.
- Call the health centre in 1 to 2 weeks if you don’t hear from them.
- If you test positive, take the treatment before you have sex again. Make sure your partner gets tested and treated too.