Alcohol slows down many important brain and body functions.
- Poor decision-making
- Uncoordinated movement
- Overblown emotions
- Reduced vision
- Slurred speech
- Reduced hearing
Alcohol poisoning happens when you drink large amounts of alcohol.
- Extreme vomiting
- Unconscious or very drowsy
- Trouble breathing
Reasons not to drink:
- Addiction —being physically and mentally dependent, and unable to stop without bad effects.
- More likely to make poor decisions and suffer consequences—having unprotected sex, which leads to sexually transmitted infections and unplanned pregnancy; getting hurt and dying from things like drowning, ATV/skidoo crashes, fights, and suicide.
- Bad for health—more likely to gain weight, have high blood pressure, and damage the liver, heart, and brain.
- Alcohol during pregnancy may cause the baby to suffer from Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.